International Research Conference on ; Putting Children First
The International conference “Putting Children First – Identifying solutions and taking action to tackle poverty and inequality in Africa”, will be held on October 23-25, 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The event will be co-hosted by Equity for Children partners, the Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP) and the Global Coalition to End Child Poverty to Which Arigatou Internationals ,End Child Poverty Initiative is a member as well as the Ethiopian Centre for Child Research, Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI), The Impact Initiative at the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) and including the African Child Policy Forum (ACPF), Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP), Save the Children, UNICEF and Young Lives.
The Conference aims to engage policy makers, practitioners and researchers in identifying solutions for fighting child poverty and inequality in Africa, and inspiring action towards change. It will offer a platform for bridging divides across sectors, disciplines and policy, practice and research. Its goals are:
- To identify, debate and advocate proven solutions to end child poverty in Africa;
- To share and discuss new research on who and where poor children are, why they are poor and what tailored approaches to address their situation may look like;
- To discuss particular policy and programming challenges and how they can be addressed;
- To build links and networks between researchers, policy makers and practitioners;
- To stimulate learning on particular skills that may help to move research to action.
More Information can be found here..