The Interfaith Initiative to End Child Poverty mobilizes faith communities and faith-inspired resources to help build a world free of child poverty.
A global, multi-faith, child-centered initiative, End Child Poverty addresses the root causes of poverty in the human heart, and the structural causes of poverty in society. This is accomplished through theological reflection and action, advocacy and knowledge-sharing, and community-driven initiatives at grassroots and global levels to assist children in poverty.
End Child Poverty believes in a world free of child poverty and invites all people of faith and goodwill to work together to make this vision a reality. End Child Poverty is based in Nairobi, Kenya together with the Global Network of Religions for Children (GNRC).
End Child Poverty was launched by Arigatou International at the Fourth Forum of the Global Network of Religions for Children (GNRC) in June 2012, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
End Child Poverty at a Glance
Our Vision: A World Free of Child Poverty
We envision a world free of child poverty. We believe this is possible. And every day, together with many others, we aim for and work hard to make this hope a reality.
Our Mission: Mobilising Faith-Inspired Resources to End Child Poverty
Religious communities and faith-inspired organizations have unique resources, including their spiritual value, their social capital, and their moral assets. We therefore mobilize, connect, work with and work through these valuable partners to reduce poverty at grassroots and global levels.
Our Guiding Principles
As End Child Poverty, we are guided by these simple and powerful principles:
- Child-centered Initiatives
- Integration of positive religious values in our work
- Promotion of faith-inspired initiatives
- Cooperation with like-minded stakeholders
Our Identity Statement: All For Children
We value each child. We value their families, caregivers, and their communities. That is why as End Child Poverty, we say that we are “All for Children”. This means:
- All our work, all that we do, we do for the benefit of children.
- All our service is focused on the protection and promotion of the dignity of children, their inborn value, their rights, their full human potential, and the enhancement of their overall well-being.
- We value each and every child and we give our all and best efforts to build a world free of child poverty.
- We value partnerships and cooperation and we, therefore, invite all faith-inspired communities and all people of goodwill, to take action and end child poverty.
- In common purpose with all initiatives of Arigatou International, we work together to care for children and to create a better world for children.