Who We Are
The Interfaith Initative to End Child Poverty is a multi-faith, child centered, global initiative of Arigatou International that mobilises faith-inspired resources to end child poverty.
End Child Poverty believes in a world where every child lives free of poverty. We aim to achieve this by addressing the spiritual root causes of poverty and by challenging the structural root causes of poverty.
In our child-centered work and service we seek to integrate positive religious values; we promote faith-inspired initiatives; and we cooperate with like-minded organizations to work together for a world free of child poverty.
Our approach puts into action three main strategies:
- Mitigating the human and spiritual causes of poverty through theological reflection, prayer and action
- Combating structural causes of poverty through inter-faith advocacy and lobbying
- Undertaking replicable and sustainable grassroots projects that alleviate poverty
End Child Poverty was launched by Arigatou International at the Fourth Forum of the Global Network of Religions for Children (GNRC) in 2012, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Download the NEW Arigatou International Brochure!
Our Vision: A World Free of Child Poverty
We envision a world free of child poverty. We believe this is possible. And every day, together with many others, we aim for and work hard to make this hope a reality.
Our Mission: Mobilising Faith-Inspired Resources to End Child Poverty
Religious communities and faith-inspired organisations have unique resources, including their spiritual value, their social capital, and their moral assets. We therefore mobilize, connect, work with and work through these valuable partners to reduce poverty at grassroots and global levels.
Our Guiding Principles
As End Child Poverty, we are guided by these simple and powerful principles:
- Child-centered Initiatives
- Integration of positive religious values in our work
- Promotion of faith-inspired initiatives
- Cooperation with like-minded stakeholders
Our Identity Statement: All For Children
We value each child. We value their families, care-givers and their communities. That is why as End Child Poverty, we say that we are “All for Children”. This means:
- All our work, all that we do, we do for the benefit of children.
- All our service is focused on the protection and promotion of the dignity of children, their inborn value, their rights, their full human potential and the enhancement of their overall wellbeing.
- We value each and every child and we give our all and best efforts to build a world free of child poverty.
- We value partnerships and cooperation and we therefore invite all faith-inspired communities and all people of good will, to take action and end child poverty.
- In common purpose with all initiatives of Arigatou International, we work together to care for children and to create a better world for children.